Telma Hopkins Biography
Telma Hopkins is an American actress and singer. Hopkins rose to prominence as a member of the 1970s pop music group Tony Orlando and Dawn, which had several number-one songs. She performed on the CBS variety show Tony Orlando and Dawn from 1974 until 1976 alongside Tony Orlando and Joyce Vincent Wilson
Telma Hopkins Quick Facts
These are quick facts you may need to know about actress and singer Telma:
- Birth Name: Telma Louise Hopkins
- NickName: Telma
- Age: 75 years
- Date of Birth: 28 October 1948
- Place of Birth: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
- Height: 1.68 m
- Weight: 154 lbs
- Education: Not available
- Father: Not known
- Mother: Not known
- Siblings: Not available
- Marital Status: Married to Donald B. Allen(1970-1977)
- Children’s: A son(Name not known)
- Occupation: Actress, singer
- Salary: Under review
- Net Worth: $3 million dollars
Telma Hopkins Age
Hopkins’s age is 75 years old as of 2022. She was born on 28 October 1948 in Louisville, Kentucky, United States. Her birthday is on 28 October every year.
Telma Hopkins Height
Telma’s height is 5 feet 6 inches or 1.68 m. Her weight is 70 kg or 154 pounds. Her hair is dark brown hair and has black eyes color.
Telma Hopkins Parents
Telma was born and raised by her loving and caring parents as Telma Louise Hopkins in Louisville, Kentucky, United States. She has not shared information about her father and mother.
Telma Hopkins Siblings
Hopkins’s siblings’ information is not known. She has not shared information about her brothers and sisters.
Telma Hopkins Husband
Telma was married to Donald B. Allen. They married in 1970. The couple divorced in 1977.
Telma Hopkins Son
Telma and her ex-husband had a son together. However, her son’s name is not known.
Telma Hopkins Actress
Telma started her career as a background singer in Detroit, Michigan, singing on many of the Golden World as well as Motown hits. Also, she sang backup for Isaac Hayes during her early career days. In the year 1971, Hopkins and Joyce Vincent Wilson were recruited by Tony Orlando to form the vocal group, Dawn.
She released 16 top-40 singles, 3 of which reached #1 from 1974 to 1976. Hopkins started her acting career playing Daisy in the ABC miniseries Roots: The Next Generations in 1979.
She appeared as K.C. Jones in an episode of Marie (1979). She got her first series regular role as Jess Ashton in A New Kind of Family (1979-1980). She played the series regular Isabelle Hammond in Bosom Buddies (1980-1982). In the year 1983, Hopkins joined the cast of the NBC sitcom Gimme a Break! starring Nell Carter.
From 1993 to 1994, she left the series after four seasons as a regular cast member for starring as the series lead in the ABC sitcom Getting By, which aired. She starred in the UPN sitcom Half & Half From 2002 to 2006. In the year 2016, she was cast as Jerrika Hinton’s mother in the ABC comedy, Toast.
Telma Hopkins Family Matters
Telma made her movie debut playing Ruth in the year 1984 movie Trancers. In the year 1989, she started starring as Rachel Baines-Crawford in the ABC sitcom Family Matters.
Telma Hopkins Net Worth
Hopkins’s estimated net worth is $3 million dollars. Her net worth includes her assets, money, and income. Her main source of wealth is his career as an actress.
|Source of Income||actress and singer.|
|Net Worth||$3 million dollars|
What happened to Telma Hopkins?
She was cast as Jerrika Hinton’s mother in the ABC comedy pilot Toast produced by ShondaLand in 2016. In May 2021, it was reported that Hopkins has been cast in the role of Denise Tolliver on The Young as well as the Restless to reunite with Family Matters co-star Bryton James.
What is Telma known for?
Telma is known for Family Matters (1989), The Love Guru (2008) as well as Half & Half (2002).
When did Telma leave Family Matters?
She left Family Matters for starring as the series lead in the ABC sitcom Getting By which aired from 1993 to 1994.
How old is Telma Hopkins?
She is 73 years old, she was born on 28 October 1948.
Who is Telma’s husband?
She is single, however, she was married to her ex-husband from 1970 to 1977.
Telma Hopkins Movies
- 1982 – The Kid with the Broken Halo as Gail Desautel
- 1984 – Trancers Ruth “Ruthie” as Raines
- 1988 – Pulse Pounders as Ruth “Ruthie” Raines
- 1990 – Vital Signs as Dr. Kennan
- 1990 – How to Murder a Millionaire as Teresa
- 1991 – Trancers II as Ruth “Ruthie” Raines
- 1992 – Trancers III as Ruth “Ruthie” Raines
- 1999 -The Wood as Mrs. Hightower
- 2001 – Down to Earth as Woman in Audience
- 2001 – Rain
- 2008 – The Love Guru as Lillian Roanoke
Telma Hopkins Television Shows
- 1974–1976 – Tony Orlando and Dawn as Herself
- 1979 – Roots: The Next Generations as Daisy
- 1979 – Marie as K.C. Jones
- 1979–1980 – A New Kind of Family – Jess Ashton
- 1980–1982 – Bosom Buddies as Isabelle Hammond
- 1982–1983 – The New Odd Couple as Frances
- 1984 – Fantasy Island as Doris Wilson
- 1979–1985 – The Love Boat as Various
- 1983–1987 – Gimme a Break! as Addy Wilson
- 1986-1987 – Rosie as Joanne Dele Green
- 1988 – Amen as Charlotte Holloway
- 1989–1997 – Family Matters as Rachel Crawford
- 1993–1994 – Getting By as Dolores Dixon
- 1995 – Women of the House as Officer Rhoda
Telma Hopkins Social Media Accounts
Click the links below to view The actress and singer Telma’s Contacts: